For a published book that looks completely professional and is available in both an eBook and a printed version, look no further than our Print and eBook Cover and Formatting package. Our team will ensure that your book won’t look out of place on the shelves of even the most high-end of book retailing outlets.
The Damonza Print and eBook Cover and Interior Formatting Package: $1070*
The package includes:
- A minimum of 2 cover design drafts, based on your specifications
- Unlimited changes (within reason) to one of those cover drafts until you’re 100% happy, or we’ll design new drafts!
- A 3D rendering of your cover for marketing and promotion
- A layered Photoshop file of your cover (excluding fonts)
- A high-resolution PDF cover, ready to print (includes front, back and spine) for one printing service (eg. Amazon KDP or Ingram Spark)
- A high-resolution eBook cover, ready to be uploaded to your preferred online eBook retailer
- Fiction formatting for Kindle, Nook, iPad, and all other popular eReader devices. Non-fiction formatting is available for an additional fee.
- Fiction formatting for print (PDF). Non-fiction formatting is available for an additional fee.
- Barcode generation from your ISBN
Optional extras include:
- Hardcover (dust jacket) design
- Non-fiction print and eBook formatting
- Audio book covers
- Facebook or still web banner
- Poster-sized file or layered Photoshop document of cover
- Bookmark design
- Decor inside print book and eBook
- Smashwords versions
- Print-ready PDF files for additional printing services
Add-on services include:
- Rush Fee (first drafts within 7 days)
- 15 minute creative concept chat with the creative director
- Character Creation (see note)
Character Creation – If you require a very specific character for your cover that cannot be sourced from normal royalty-free image sources, this character may need to be created using specialized 3D software for an additional fee. Examples of this will include very specific clothing or armor or body positioning, or detailed scenes. Requests like “running man” or “woman in a red cape” generally WOULD NOT require Character Creation, but something like “man in blue armor, carrying a battle axe over his shoulder, while resting in the forest” WOULD require Character Creation.
Alternatively, more flexibility in the brief can avoid this fee (e.g. An axe is crucial to the story, much of it takes place in the forest, and the protagonist wears blue armor). In that case, we would create drafts where Character Creation is not required. If you would like a cost on this aspect before submitting your full brief and paying a deposit, please e-mail us. PLEASE NOTE: Simpler cover concepts are almost always better. If a scene is too complex and has too many competing focal points, then it makes that cover less effective.
A 50% deposit is required in advance, with the balance to be paid on final approval. After you’ve completed the briefing form, you will be directed to pay the deposit via PayPal or Stripe.
This means that you will receive 2 different book cover design drafts to choose from within 14 days. You can make changes to one of those drafts and if you don’t like those options at all, we’ll design a new one for you, with your guidance. Formatting drafts will be sent separately, also within 14 days. We want you to be happy. All packages include unlimited changes (within reason) and a 100% money-back guarantee if we can’t get it right.
IMPORTANT: As with character creation, we strongly recommend NOT attempting to convey a specific scene from the book on its cover. A potential reader will typically skim over your cover, looking at it for just 2 seconds before deciding whether or not to investigate further. Couple this with the fact that your cover will be displayed in thumbnail size online, and it’s obvious that depicting a scene will overcomplicate things. At Damonza we want your book to be read. The first step is to create a cover that grabs a reader’s attention, and this is best done through simplicity. For more information and advice on covers that sell, please click here (opens in a separate window).
Allow our team to create a cover that does your book justice. We know what sells and what looks good, and we have a talent in condensing your story down to a design that best showcases it. Our previous successes speak for themselves, and we’d love to set your book on that very same path.
After completing the briefing form, we require a 50% deposit by credit card or PayPal. If you encounter problems with this, please contact us.
PLEASE NOTE: We’re taking a break for the festive season from 18 December to 3 January. All projects will be paused during this time. This means the first drafts for orders placed after 3 December may be delayed until early January. Your understanding is very much appreciated.