Our latest and most exclusive offering, this cover design service has traditionally been reserved for the major publishing companies, mainly due to budget restrictions. We are now proud to offer this unique cover design service to all of our author and publisher customers. You can place an order by completing the form below these examples of premium covers we have designed.
The Damonza Premium Cover Package: From $1950
The package includes:
- A kick-off phone call with our creative director to discuss potential concepts and throw around some ideas
- A minimum of 4 cover design drafts, based on your specifications, 10 days after the kick-off call. We begin with the front cover, and work our design from there.
- Unlimited changes (within reason) to one of those book cover drafts until you’re 100% happy, or we’ll design new drafts!
- A selection of 3D renderings of your cover for marketing purposes
- A high resolution JPEG ready to upload
- A layered Photoshop file of your cover
- One of the following “hero image” options:
- one non-exclusive rights managed image from one of our premium stock sources
- one 3D created character or scene (PLEASE NOTE: Simpler cover concepts are almost always better. If a scene is too complex and has too many competing focal points, then it makes that cover less effective.)
- An illustrated cover
- Royalty-free stock images from Shutterstock.com (over 360 million images)*
- Barcode generation for your ISBN
- Print-ready PDF file for all printing services of your choice (e.g. KDP or Lightning Source)
- Audiobook Cover
- A Facebook or website banner
The main benefit of this service is the access and purchase of rights-managed images, even though they are non-exclusive. In most cases, those image purchases are included in the cover design fee, however there may be cases where an additional fee is required for image licensing, specifically if you require one of the following:
- Additional rights-managed images
- Exclusivity of those images
- Image sourcing from more expensive stock libraries (e.g. Trevillion)
- Unlimited time licensing (most rights-managed images are licensed for 5 years or less)
Once the order has been placed, we will contact you to setup a suitable time for the kick-off call.
A 50% deposit is required in advance, with the balance to be paid on final approval. After you’ve completed the briefing form, you will be directed to make that payment through Paypal or Stripe.
Remember: We want you to be happy. All packages include unlimited changes (within reason) and a 100% money-back guarantee if we can’t get it right.
IMPORTANT: As with character creation, we strongly recommend NOT attempting to convey a specific scene from the book on its cover. A potential reader will typically skim over your cover, looking at it for just 2 seconds before deciding whether or not to investigate further. Couple this with the fact that your cover will be displayed in thumbnail size online, and it’s obvious that depicting a scene will overcomplicate things. At Damonza we want your book to be read. The first step is to create a cover that grabs a reader’s attention, and this is best done through simplicity. For more information and advice on covers that sell, please click here (opens in a separate window).
Allow our team to create a cover that does your book justice. We know what sells and what looks good, and we have a talent in condensing your story down to a design that best showcases it. Our previous successes speak for themselves, and we’d love to set your book on that very same path.
After completing the briefing form, we require a 50% deposit by credit card or PayPal. If you encounter problems with this, please contact us.
*All images used on the cover are royalty-free and sourced from Shutterstock.com. The cost of your cover design includes the rights to use these images and is limited to a print-run of 500,000 units, or sales in the case of ebooks. For unlimited usage, there would be an additional fee of approximately $100 per image. For more information on the licensing of images, please visit http://www.shutterstock.com/licensing.mhtml. Should you wish to purchase the unlimited usage rights at the time of ordering, or at any point in future, please let us know.