Our most popular package, for just $795 you can have a professionally designed cover supplied in both eBook and paperback format, enabling you to offer your book to the public both in a digital and a more traditional manner (because there’s nothing quite like the smell of a freshly bound book!). It’s a package for the author who is looking to give their novel the greatest likelihood of success.
The Damonza Print and eBook Cover Package: $795*
The package includes:
- A minimum of 2 paperback cover design drafts, based on your specifications (click here for eBook only). We begin with the front cover, and work our design from there.
- Unlimited changes (within reason) to one of those book cover drafts until you’re 100% happy, or we’ll design new drafts!
- A 3D rendering of your cover for marketing purposes
- A high resolution JPEG ready to upload
- A layered Photoshop file of your cover
- Royalty-free stock images from Shutterstock.com (over 360 million images)*
- Barcode generation for your ISBN
- Print-ready PDF file for one printing service of your choice (e.g. KDP or Lightning Source)
Optional extras include:
- Hardcover (dust jacket) designs (from $100)
- Audiobook cover ($40)
- Formatting/layout services (from $195)
- Facebook or still web banners ($60)
- Poster-sized file ($20)
- Bookmark design ($75)
- Print-ready PDF files for additional printing services (from $50)
Add-on services include:
- Rush Fee (first drafts within 7 days)
- Creative concept chat with the creative director
- Character Creation (see note)
Character Creation – If you require a very specific character for your cover that cannot be sourced from normal royalty-free image sources, this character may need to be created using specialized 3D software for an additional fee. Examples of this will include very specific clothing or armor or body positioning, or detailed scenes. Requests like “running man” or “woman in a red cape” generally WOULD NOT require Character Creation, but something like “man in blue armor, carrying a battle axe over his shoulder, while resting in the forest” WOULD require Character Creation.
Alternatively, more flexibility in the brief can avoid this fee (e.g. An axe is crucial to the story, much of it takes place in the forest, and the protagonist wears blue armor). In that case, we would create drafts where Character Creation is not required. If you would like a cost on this aspect before submitting your full brief and paying a deposit, please e-mail us. PLEASE NOTE: Simpler cover concepts are almost always better. If a scene is too complex and has too many competing focal points, then it makes that cover less effective.
A 50% deposit is required in advance, with the balance to be paid on final approval. After you’ve completed the briefing form, you will be directed to make that payment through Paypal or Stripe.
This means that you will receive 2 different book cover design drafts to choose from within 14 days. You can make changes to one of those drafts and if you don’t like those options at all, we’ll design a new one for you, with your guidance. We want you to be happy. All packages include unlimited changes (within reason) and a 100% money-back guarantee if we can’t get it right.
IMPORTANT: As with character creation, we strongly recommend NOT attempting to convey a specific scene from the book on its cover. A potential reader will typically skim over your cover, looking at it for just 2 seconds before deciding whether or not to investigate further. Couple this with the fact that your cover will be displayed in thumbnail size online, and it’s obvious that depicting a scene will overcomplicate things. At Damonza we want your book to be read. The first step is to create a cover that grabs a reader’s attention, and this is best done through simplicity. For more information and advice on covers that sell, please click here (opens in a separate window).
Allow our team to create a cover that does your book justice. We know what sells and what looks good, and we have a talent in condensing your story down to a design that best showcases it. Our previous successes speak for themselves, and we’d love to set your book on that very same path.
After completing the briefing form, we require a 50% deposit by credit card or PayPal. If you encounter problems with this, please contact us.
If you’re redeeming a Print and Ebook Cover Design Voucher, please use this form instead.